Careers at Forster
Exciting role at the forefront of social change and sustainability communications
Permanent contract, starting ASAP. Salary £24-£27k pro rata
We are looking for an experienced, confident and media-savvy Account Executive. You will be working across a diverse portfolio of social change clients, supporting the team with media outreach, new business research, project administration and more.
At Forster, we deliver game-changing social change and sustainability PR campaigns for our clients. We work with businesses including Penguin, Selfridges, Danone and KPMG, and not-for-profit clients Alzheimer’s Society, Stroke Association, Breast Cancer Now and Samaritans.
We are an award-winning, fast-paced agency, using creative ideas and smart strategy to help our clients create positive social change. Our clients’ aims vary from delivering global sustainability initiatives to changing attitudes and behaviour on issues such as mental health, the climate crisis, food, nutrition and responsible business practice.
We are on the hunt for bright, intuitive people who show initiative, are natural team players and who want to wow clients and colleagues with inspired ideas. This won’t be your first role in communications, but you’ll be hungry to take your next step and perhaps your first, into sustainability. You’ll love writing and have a hunger for news, as well as a brilliant knack for keeping accounts running smoothly. Our ideal candidate will be experienced with media relations and social media campaign delivery and looking to make a real impact in social change PR.
We are an employee-owned business with an award-winning workplace culture. We are a founding UK B Corp; declared a climate emergency in 2019 and published our Climate Positive Plan in January 2020; and won Edie Sustainability Consultancy of the Year, a Better Society Award and two B Corp Best for the World awards in 2019.
We value and encourage diversity and difference and believe that we are a stronger company as a result. We offer flexible working hours, early finish on Fridays, 25 days annual holiday (pro rata, excluding bank holidays) and an extra YOU day.
To apply for this role, and to ensure we hire the most diverse team possible, please send a blind copy of your CV (with your name, contact details and any details on places of education removed), along with something (it could be a cover letter, but we’re communications agency so enjoy a range of media), to and tell us about why you are the perfect fit for us.
An exciting role at the forefront of sustainability and social change communications
Salary: £32-35k + benefits, depending on experience.
Deadline for application: Tuesday 3rd March 2020.
We’re on the hunt for an energetic, ideas-generating and media savvy individual to join the Forster team. If you are an ambitious, passionate, PR professional with experience of running client accounts, then we’d love to hear from you.
Life at Forster is fast-paced, focused and fun. We are a founding B Corp and combine smart strategy with creative ideas to help our clients such as Selfridges, KPMG, Penguin Random House, The Eden Project, London Recycles, Big Society Capital, Royal Voluntary Service and Nesta to protect and improve lives.
Our work varies, from developing global sustainability initiatives to running high profile thought leadership programmes to changing attitudes and behaviours through attention grabbing campaigns. We are at the heart of tackling the climate emergency and recently became the first PR agency to publish its own Climate Positive Plan.
We’re looking to add a new bright spark with big ideas to our dedicated team. We’re offering a varied portfolio within a progressive business that is 100% focused on creating a positive social and environmental impact. We value difference and are actively seeking people from a range of backgrounds and life and career experiences.
- You’ll have proven PR experience across both media and social media, and can talk about results that you have helped to generate
- Comfortable working with both big brands and rapid start-ups
- Confident in managing accounts on budget and to time, working directly with clients, running teams and managing colleagues
- Able to write compelling content for media and marketing materials
- Strong presenter, keen to share ideas and pitch projects internally and to clients
- Able to think beyond traditional media relations when it comes to idea generation and want to learn more about multi-channel delivery
- Ultimately, you love PR in all its forms and actively follow the media landscape, lead media sell ins, immerse yourself in campaign launches, inspire your team and achieve great results
What we offer:
- Working in a leading values-driven business that is growing fast – we are a founding UK B Corp; declared a climate emergency in 2019 and published our Climate Positive Plan in January 2020; and won Edie Sustainability Consultancy of the Year, a Better Society Award and two B Corp Best for the World awards in 2019
- A line manager supporting your learning and development and helping you to build your career
- Award-winning employee wellbeing
- Early finish on Fridays, 25 days annual holiday (pro rata, excluding bank holidays) and an extra YOU day
To apply for this role, please send a blind copy of your CV (with your name, contact details and any details on places of education removed), along with something (it could be a cover letter, but we’re a communications agency so enjoy a range of media), to by 3rd March 2020, and tell us about why you are the perfect fit for us.