Health – Looking ahead
A shared goal
Giving people access to the products, information and services they need to support their health, and the confidence and ability they need to use it to live well.
Our commitments and targets
That’s a big goal, so we have broken it down into a series of commitments and targets covering each of our spheres of impact – our work, our people, our environment and our local community.
1. Our work
By far the biggest impact we can have is by helping our clients to inspire positive change around public health, in the UK and globally.
We commit to working with clients to deliver communications that increase funding; improve awareness, understanding and education around mental and physical health; support the development of new treatments and approaches and inspire as many people as possible to live well. We also commit to helping our clients to improve the health and wellbeing of their own employees.
2. Our people
To run a healthy business, we need healthy people. We want a healthy, engaged team because it is good for business and helps us deliver more positive change for our clients.
We commit to ensuring our own health and wellbeing policies are pioneering, effective, progressive and tackle the core issues affecting our staff.
- Keep our average annual sick day absence below the industry average (as measured by PRCA).
- Give all staff access to information, education and support that encourages positive lifestyles both inside and outside the office.
- All staff feel encouraged and able to manage their health and wellbeing positively at work, through access to our workplace wellbeing initiatives such as flexible working, active travel incentives and manager support.
- Maintain and improve on our Vitality Workplace survey results.
3. Our environment and society
Healthy people need a healthy planet, so we also want to commit to improving our environmental performance. As a small team based in central London, air pollution is a daily reality and a public health emergency.
That’s why we are committing to take progressive action to reduce air pollution and tackle the negative health and wellbeing impacts it creates.
- At least 20% of our employee’s commutes to be taken by foot or by bike.
- Significantly increase take-up for walking and cycling to meetings and work appointments.
- Continue to offset 100% emissions caused by our international travel.
- Contribute to efforts to reduce air pollution in Better Bankside and London more widely.
- Encourage and incentivise employee volunteering that directly tackles health related issues.