Social media checklist
It’s rare these days to have a communications strategy that doesn’t involve a Twitter feed or Facebook page.
But before you try to find a handle that hasn’t already been taken and pick your profile picture, it’s worth thinking through if you can sustain the account with the following checklist:
- Do you have a clearly defined mission and goal?
- Do you have a content strategy?
- Do you believe your target audience is present In the channel in sufficient numbers to warrant a presence and can substantiate this claim?
- Do you wish to broadcast a message? If so, can it be distributed through any existing channels instead/as well?
- Can you ensure that all queries are responded to within 24 Hours (preferably 12) on a regular working day?
- Can you commit at least 15 minutes per day to monitoring and evaluation?
- Can you ensure that any queries that cannot be answered by your team are promptly forwarded to the appropriate department/team?
- Are you able to set a roster for monitoring of the presence including the provision of a backup administrator should the assigned administrator be ill/absent/unable to fulfil their duties?
- Do you have guidelines on how to respond to any negative feedback?
Adapted from http://www.ecu.edu.au/social-circle/overview